I will hold the needs of the residents above the wants of the developers.
- Big developments (Town Center/Village 35, Taylor Lane, Avaya, Bamm Hollow, Estates on West Front Street) are changing the landscape of Middletown.
- Sandy has had a dramatic impact on development and rebuilding.
- It seems that the developers are controlling Middletown instead of vice versa.
- We need comprehensive reexamination to be led by a Planning Firm with at least 5 stakeholder meetings open to the general public. As a minority voice on the Township Committee I will serve as a “watchdog” in the first year. As more like minded people are elected to serve the Township Committee it will evolve into an active policy making objective.
- I will intentionally and persistently ask for clarity and transparency from my fellow Township Committee members and Mayor. You can expect to see this in open discussion at Public Meetings, in the time allotted Committee Members make comments at the conclusion of all meetings, and you can count on it in Executive Committee meetings.